An evolving role, current responsibilities include:
– coordinating the content calendar amongst the team of writers and editors
– final quality check for SEO of all content before it is published
– timely publishing of content for clients
– reporting wins and traffic
– collaborative handling of the brand’s own social media channels
April 2021 – current
– I guide students looking through the admissions processes and settling in based on my own experience
– I help them find the appropriate information they are looking for and provide insights about life as a student in the Netherlands
February 2020 – August 2020
I was in charge of setting up the daily newsletter (with over 12,000 subscribers), managing social media – Facebook, LinkedIn and Twitter, writing and publishing two to three articles daily (330+ search engine optimised articles published in the duration of six months) and assisting the editors in maintaining a regular online publication alongside the tasks relating to the bi-monthly newspaper publication as and when needed.
Skills used and acquired:
Writing in a journalistic and SEO friendly style, copy-editing, social media management (LinkedIn, Facebook and Twitter), managing content and its release, managing deadlines, Mailchimp and newsletter management.
February 2020 – April 2020
I was a student assistant to a PhD candidate of Youth & Media Entertainment at ASCoR (Amsterdam School of Communication Research) who was working on the development and testing of a model on the antecedents of children’s robot acceptance. I analysed, organised and transferred the data collected through the tablets that children played on for the project in a readable format using Python.
Skills used and acquired: Python, data-analysis and processing.
June 2019 – June 2020
I was in charge of maintaining the public image of the association, handling of digital accounts, i.e WordPress (plus hosting), Newsletter (via mailchimp), and Social Media (including Instagram, Facebook and LinkedIn). I also supported the Secretary & President maintain clear communication among the association, UvA, VU, AUC, the students and other honors communities spanning the Netherlands.
Towards the end of the year, due to the cancellation of the Graduation ceremony, an alternative idea suggested was to compile an yearbook for all interested. I was in charge of designing and compiling said yearbook which can be found here.
Skills used and acquired: copy-writing, copy-editing, social media management, photography, design, website management, content management, event organization, team-building.
December 2018 – May 2019
Also the Copy Desk Chief from September 2018 – December 2018
I helped the team reach the highest number of views/impressions of the website (150% growth rate) and an increase in social media followers using Google Analytics to help improve the views and engagement of the website. I revised/updated the website design (via WordPress) and managed to have a consistent publication of 2 articles per day (my role included edition and organisation), which later increased to 3 during the switch from Winter 2019 to Spring 2019. I was in charge of coordinating a staff of 30-50 people (both sessions) and was also involved in the hiring process. During the 10 months, I also supervised an internship for an op-ed reporter and expanded the news-website to a Magazine section in the Spring Session of 2019.
Skills used and acquired: Copy-editing, SEO, team management, content management, wordpress, publication, leadership, writing, editing.
Bachelor of Arts in Media and Information from University of Amsterdam
– Pursued the Honours Programme addendum to the degree which included courses from the Institute of Interdisciplinary Studies (topics studied included degrowth, principles of citizenship, literary analysis, crime science, and visual rhetorics)
– Also pursued a 30 ECTS minor in Communication Science
– Courses include the use of hands-on tools like programming language Python, Gephi, RawGraphs, YouTube Data Tools, TrackerTracker and other Digital Media Tools
Delhi Public School Bangalore East
Batch of 2017
CBSE India education system; received the AISSCE (Grade 12) certificate
I was selected as a volunteer at the International Journalism Festival held in Perugia in 2019. I actively contributed to their web-magazine by covering the seminars held. You can find my work for them here.
The Institute of Interdisciplinary Studies at the University of Amsterdam hosts an yearly ‘Create a Course challenge’ which allows students through the university to pitch in their ideas for an interdisciplinary course that should be taught at the university. I was a finalist in the challenge in 2018 with my idea of a course titled ‘Learning to Navigate the Post-Truth Internet’. You can read more about it here.